Re: [Freetype] The kind of anti-aliased colored fonts I'm talking about

From: Detlef Würkner
Subject: Re: [Freetype] The kind of anti-aliased colored fonts I'm talking about...
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 10:42:08 +0200

address@hidden (David Turner) wrote:

>   - Generally speaking, you're looking for a very custom solution,
>     since I don't think that standard font files are capable of
>     dealing with ARGB bitmaps anyway. Writing a custom font driver
>     seems inevitable unless you want to drop FreeType.

There exists the Amiga ColorFont format which contains a bitmap font with
2 to 8 bitplanes and a palette of corresponding RGB colors (including the
transparent background color and optionally the main color to be replaced
with the actual text color). But thats not a "standard font file" in your
opinion IMHO :-)

Ciao, Detlef
--
_ // address@hidden