Re: [Freetype] error codes and messages.

From: Antoine Leca
Subject: Re: [Freetype] error codes and messages.
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 20:51:00 +0200

HI Joe,

Joe Freeze ha escrit:

> hey guys, i'm writing a method that takes in a free-type error code and
> returns our CARIS standard error codes. they way i would like to do this
> is by passing in a char *(the FT error code identifier) and returning a
> corresponding error code. is there a way i can access the FT error code
> identifier using the Freetype error number? thanks.

One way is to use the # operator of the C preprocessor (that makes a string
out of a symbol).

Another way (perhaps more what you are searching for) has been used in
Freetype 1: a function in an extension has been written to "translate"
error number to simple error messages.
Look after lib/extend/ftxerr18.[hc], or in CVS
http://cvs.freetype.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/freetype/lib/extend/ftxerr18.c

Hope it helps,

Antoine