Re: [Freetype] FreeType 2.0.9 Released

From: Michael Pfeiffer
Subject: Re: [Freetype] FreeType 2.0.9 Released
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 20:42:32 +0000

>Hello,
>
>  I'd like to announce that FreeType 2.0.9 has finally been released a few
>  days ago. I couldn't announce it due to minor mail server problems but
>  everything can now be grabbed from the main site, SourceForge or any of
>  the mirrors..

I want to thank everybody (David, Werner, Antoine,...?) who is involved in
the
development of FreeType 2.

As the current developer of BePDF (the xpdf port to BeOS), I was quite
disappointed with the display quality of certain glyphs when I switched to
FreeType 2 from FreeType 1.x and T1Lib in June 2001.
Version 2.0.6 brought major improvements and finally the latest version fixes
some problems with Type 1 fonts.

Thanks again and keep up the great work!
Michael Pfeiffer

---
The BePDF Project - http://bepdf.sourceforge.net
Download BePDF - http://www.bebits.com/app/1438