Re: [Freetype] About TrueType's glyph

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Freetype] About TrueType's glyph
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 06:11:05 +0100 (CET)

> The TrueType's glyph is described as B-Spline curve in some
> documents, but in some documents, it is described as quadratic
> Bezier quadratic curve ( P(t) = (1 - t)**2 * P0 + 2*(1 - t) * t * P1
> + t**2 * P2).  Could anybody explain this for me?

In sloppy parlance, they are the same.

t is a scalar, usually in the range 0<=t<=1.  P0 and P2 are points in
the plane (the `start' and `end' point), and P1 is the `control
point'.

Any decent book on computer graphics should describe that in more
detail; especially important are some essential geometric properties
like splitting and simple bounding boxes.