[Freetype] How to use bold or italic fonts?

From: Marek Rosa
Subject: [Freetype] How to use bold or italic fonts?
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 20:42:11 +0100

Hello,

I want to render bold or italic font using freetype. But I don't know
how. Here is example code:

        int                     i_Error;
        FT_Library              library;
        FT_Face                 face;

        i_Error = FT_Init_FreeType( &library );
        i_Error = FT_New_Face(library, "Arial.ttf", 0, &face);

        i_Error = FT_Set_Pixel_Sizes(face, 0, 40);
        i_Error = FT_Load_Char(face, 'y', FT_LOAD_RENDER);

        // here I render bitmap (using OpenGL or so)

Question is, how can I set this font to bold or italic (using
FT_STYLE_FLAG_ITALIC or FT_STYLE_FLAG_BOLD)?

Thanks,
Marek