[Freetype] Re: embedded bitmaps and hinting

From: David Turner
Subject: [Freetype] Re: embedded bitmaps and hinting
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 11:10:40 +0100

Hello Brian,

  the inability of loading embedded bitmaps when the
  auto-hinter is used is one known bugs of FreeType.

  unfortunately, there's no easy way to fix that without
  making a few drastic changes in its internals, and I
  feel we're too near a new release to make these now..

  I intend to work on this as soon as 2.0.6 is released,
  because we're going to re-design some important internal
  parts of the library..

Sorry about that, and best regards,

- David