Re: [Freetype] support in Korean fonts ?

From: Antoine Leca
Subject: Re: [Freetype] support in Korean fonts ?
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 11:28:33 +0100

Hi Nir,

Nir Rostoker wrote:

> I would like to know if the current version of Freetype can support
> Korean fonts ?

Yes. And the previous ones too, there is nothing peculiar with
Korean fonts, except:
  1) they are quite big (may be a problem for 16-bit environments);
  2) some very early TrueType ones may be encoded using proprietary
encodings, but we do support that for years;
  3) you cannot use jamo, should use precomposed syllables (if you do
   not what it means, don't worry, you are on the safe side).

> Should there be a problem when using it ?

Not that I can anticipate. Do you experience any problem?

Antoine