Re: [Freetype] postscript font names

From: Ian Pilcher
Subject: Re: [Freetype] postscript font names
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 10:41:57 -0500

David Turner wrote:

> Hum.. it seems that the Type 1 FontName attribute has been
> forgotten when the structure T1_FontInfo structure was designed !!
>
> I'll try to see how to return it without breaking too much things
> in the high-level API. Changing the font driver should be trivial
> though..
>
> By the way, is there any other information that might be considered
> important for client applications in such fonts ??

I would suggest looking at the AFM file specification at:

    http://partners.adobe.com/asn/developer/pdfs/tn/5004.AFM_Spec.pdf

Any of the global metrics (section 7) would be good candidates for
inclusion, IMO -- particularly the Ascender and Descender values (unless
they're accessible in some other way).

Ian Pilcher                                         address@hidden