Re: [Freetype] Newbie question

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Newbie question
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 07:00:04 +0200 (CEST)

>     I'm a research student and my project is related to Chinese
> computing. In one part of the project, I need to read the truetype font
> and I choose freetype 2.0.1 to help me.
>     I follow the tutorial to try out the library but not success ... Below
> is the code I used for testing ... nearly same as the example in tutorial
> 1,

Nearly, yes, but you've forgotten to set the character size with
FT_Set_Char_Size().  The documentation has been fixed meanwhile (in
2.0.2); you must always call this function.

> After the function FT_Load_Glyph( ...) was executed, an error code
> 1090 was generated.  What does it means?

1090 is 0x442.  Looking into internal/tterrors.h you'll find

  #define TT_Err_Invalid_PPem               0x442

It is a a bad feature of FreeType that you have to look into the
internal subdirectory; this will be fixed eventually.