[Freetype] Re: [Devel] error with configuring...

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Freetype] Re: [Devel] error with configuring...
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 22:17:01 +0100 (CET)

> configure:766: checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works
> configure:782: gcc -o conftest    conftest.c  1>&5
> as: "/var/tmp/ccQvAI0c.s", line 15: error 1052: Directive name not
> recognized -
> NSUBSPA

Hoho!  It seems that gcc isn't set up correctly.  gcc produces
assembler instructions which aren't understood by the system's
assembler `as'.  gcc has either been incorrectly compiled to produce
assembler code which isn't understood by `as', or gcc finds the wrong
`as' binary due to incorrect paths.

Can you compile a program with gcc at all?

I strongly suggest that you contact your system administrator.