[Freetype] gd-1.8.4 and freetype-2.0.1

From: Lewis Bergman
Subject: [Freetype] gd-1.8.4 and freetype-2.0.1
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 15:03:18 -0600

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have been battling this for about a
week.

Here are the errors I get with gd-1.8.4 after a successfull build of all
libraries including freetype:
 JPEG -DHAVE_LIBFREETYPE   -c pngtogd.c -o pngtogd.o
gcc -I. -I/usr/local/include/freetype2/freetype -I/usr/include/X11
-I/usr/X11R6/include/X11 -I/usr/local/include  pngtogd.o -o pngtogd  -L.
-L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib/X11 -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgd -lpng -lz -ljpeg
-lfreetype -lm
/usr/local/lib/libfreetype.so: undefined reference to `tt_driver_class'
/usr/local/lib/libfreetype.so: undefined reference to `cff_driver_class'
/usr/local/lib/libfreetype.so: undefined reference to `t1_driver_class'
/usr/local/lib/libfreetype.so: undefined reference to `FT_New_Library'
/usr/local/lib/libfreetype.so: undefined reference to `autohint_module_class'
/usr/local/lib/libfreetype.so: undefined reference to `winfnt_driver_class'
/usr/local/lib/libfreetype.so: undefined reference to `psnames_module_class'
/usr/local/lib/libfreetype.so: undefined reference to `sfnt_module_class'
/usr/local/lib/libfreetype.so: undefined reference to `FT_Add_Module'
/usr/local/lib/libfreetype.so: undefined reference to
`ft_raster1_renderer_class'
/usr/local/lib/libfreetype.so: undefined reference to `FT_Done_Library'
/usr/local/lib/libfreetype.so: undefined reference to `psaux_module_class'
/usr/local/lib/libfreetype.so: undefined reference to `ft_smooth_renderer_class'
/usr/local/lib/libfreetype.so: undefined reference to `t1cid_driver_class'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [pngtogd] Error 1

I have tried every conceivable include dir structure I can think of. I have
linked the /usr/loacl/include/freetype2/freetype/... and all its subdirs and
files in both trees two levels up. The only thing I haven't done is try to
build the freetype library in a single file. The only reason I haven't done
that is I have read the instructions about a dozen times and can't figure out
where to start. I know you move everything from src into a single dir but then
what do you do with all the files that are named the same? The rules.mk and the
makefile.mk? Also, I have no clue as to use the function or macro the docs talk
about to build the thing as a single file structure.

Does anyone know if that is even my problem (beside ignorance on this subject)?
Please help, I am at the end of my rope, patience, and knowledge.
--
Lewis Bergman
Texas Communications