Re: [Freetype] 2.0.1 build fails on Linux

From: Jeremy Wadsack
Subject: Re: [Freetype] 2.0.1 build fails on Linux
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 10:30:32 -0700

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > Same problem. Transcript below.
>
> This looks completely OK.  Well, `unix' hasn't been found as the
> target -- probably, your /sbin/init file isn't readable...

-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root        24580 Apr 17  1999 /sbin/init

It's certainly not a text file, unless, by readable you meant 'test -e
/sbin/init'

With 2.0.1 and latest snapshot I have tried looking for a unix-*.mk to
use as configure.mk (as suggested in BUILD). Unfortunately, the only two
that come with the dist are unix-dev (which is not installable) and
unix-lcc, which is not my compiler. If I run

    cd build/unix/
    ./configure

Then it produces several other unix-*.mk files, including unix-cc.mk.
But substituting this for config.mk in the FT2 directory and running
make results in

make: *** No rule to make target `single', needed by `all'.  Stop.

> > address@hidden freetype2-current]# make test
>
> There are no test programs in freetype2.  You need the ft2demos
> archive for that.

I kind of guessed this, but no reason not to try, eh?

Jeremy Wadsack
Wadsack-Allen Digital Group