Re: [Freetype] FreeType 2.0 SNAFU

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Freetype] FreeType 2.0 SNAFU
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 12:53:21 +0100

Hi Bob,

Bob Friesenhahn a écrit :

> On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
>

> > > Cpp-calculated include paths are not considered portable across all
> > > compilers.  This is even true for C++ compilers.

My K&R C Book, second edition, tells me that:

  #include MYFILE_H

is absolutely valid according to the ANSI standard as long as MYFILE_H
is substitued into one of the normal <....> or "....." forms. Do we need
to start considering that ANSI isn't portable enough ??

I know that we made an exception for "##", but #include seems so
much more important !!

> > ???  Please explain.
>
> I have seen this fail before with one compiler.  However, the Mozilla
> portability rules are more strict:
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/hacking/portable-cpp.html#include_simple_filename

As pointed by Werner, the new scheme doesn't force you to use directories
in include paths. Au contraire, it also handles "flat compilation" and
file renaming transparently..

Regards,

- David