Re: FT_Set_Char_Size() with TrueType fonts

From: Yamano-uchi, Hidetoshi
Subject: Re: FT_Set_Char_Size() with TrueType fonts
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 00:03:32 +0900

This problem is for embedded bitmaps(a.k.a. sbit) but not for handling
collect "face (x-)height" as David said.

From: Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 14:29:45 +0100 (CET)

> > or in the derivative SFNT-based format that only contains embedded
> > bitmaps, that we now support thanks to Yamano-Uchi's excellent
> > work..?
>
> The former -- Hidetoshi has explained that he needs to set the size of
> embedded bitmaps independently from the font's outlines.

But now, I think we should open other face like following style when
sbit's size does not depend on outline's size.  Because many
developpers may confuse the convention as I said.

FT_New_Face(library, &outline_face, same_filename);
FT_New_Face(library, &sbit_face, same_filename);

FT_Set_Char_Sizes(outline_face, outline_size,....);
// Set_Pixel_Sizes is not impremented yet.
FT_Set_Pixel_Sizes(sbit_face, sbit_size,....);

FT_Load_Glyph(outline_face, index1, FT_LOAD_NO_BITMAP);
FT_Load_Glyph(sbit_face, index2, FT_LOAD_NO_OUTLINE);

// synthesys double striked(i.e. psude-bolding) sbit.

Oops, it is difficult for me.

----- Yamano-uchi, Hidetoshi