Problem compiling on Solaris 7

From: ant_at_suave . net
Subject: Problem compiling on Solaris 7
Date: 30 Oct 2000 20:50:35 -0000

I've been trying to get this to work for a while, I
am on solaris 7 without root access trying to get the
freetype libraries to compile to use with GD. I am not
terribly familiar with solaris, so
am not entirely sure what I may be doing wrong.
The error message I get is:
../lib/.libs/libttf.so: undefined reference to `dgettext@@SUNW_0.7'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `ftview'
Current working directory /home/ants/freetype-1.3.1/test
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `tttest'

Sorry if this is not the most helpful request, but I'm not sure
what else to add.

                                Thanks - Anthony