Re: a question

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: a question
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 17:47:24 +0100

Hi Leonardo,

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to the world of freetype and I need some help from you guys.
>
> I would like to know if it's possible to print text using freetype in bold
> and in italic. So far, I was only able to print plain text.

You need an italic or bold font to display these styles. It is possible
to generate "obliqued" glyphs by using a simple affine transform.

synthetic emboldening, i.e. the artifical generation of, generally
low-quality, "bold" styles from plain ones is possible but not scheduled
for the 2.0 release. Probably a bit later..

Cheers,

- David