Bug in T1 rendering?

From: Alan Shutko
Subject: Bug in T1 rendering?
Date: 05 Oct 2000 17:53:22 -0400

I just checked out freetype2 and ft2demos from CVS to try out the T1
renderer.  Overall, it rendered remarkably well.  But I discovered
some problems with one of my favorite fonts: Spectrum purchased from
Adobe.

Take a look at http://rescomp.wustl.edu/~ats/ftview-bug.png .
Naturally, that weird inverse effect doesn't happen with any other
renderer I've tried.  This is the ekrg____.pfb (Spectrum MT Regular),
but it happens with all the fonts in the family.  I have not yet seen
this happen with any freely available fonts (or any other fonts at
all.)  Happens with or without hinting, with or without aliasing.

Any clues on how to track this down?

--
Alan Shutko <address@hidden> - In a variety of flavors!
36 days, 18 hours, 7 seconds till we run away.