Re: unicode?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: unicode?
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 06:19:04 +0200 (CEST)

> 1) FreeType2 supports unicode text and UTF8, correct?

No.  It only accepts character codes which are mapped to glyph indices
according to a cmap in the font.

> 2) Does FreeType2 have a function which reads in unicode text or
>    UTF8 from a file?  If so, how do I access it?

It doesn't have such a function. This is at least one level higher.
There are a lot of free (and robust!) UTF8->Unicode converters
available in the net (e.g. in the latest xterm versions for the X
Window system).