Re: Makefile troubles

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: Makefile troubles
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 00:55:38 +0200

Hi Harvey,

>Has anyone seen this error before when
>trying to build freetype on a Windows NT/2K box with
>GNU make 3.6.2?

I can't tell you about 3.6.2, but I'm using GNU Make version 3.77
on a Windows NT 4 box with no problem. I strongly advise you
the one that comes with the "mingw" version of gcc, that you'll
find at http://www.mingw.org

Note that I had numerous problems with the make that comes
with "cygwin" in the past, and that I usually tend to avoid this
toolkit on Win32.. (unless you're in the business of porting
Unix-specific apps to Windows, of course ;-)

Hope this helps