Re: #include <xxx.h> ????

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: #include <xxx.h> ????
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 23:53:50 +0200

Hi Boris,

Werner LEMBERG a écrit :

> >  Is really need to include files from current directory by <xxx> and
> > not by "xxx"?  In VisualC++ I cannot set include directory relative
> > to current file (it is relative to project file which is imho better
> > ...)  So why you local headers include by #include <xxx>? Is there a
> > reason?
>
> Using <xxx> instead of "xxx" makes it possible to e.g. use a different
> set of files by just changing the -I compiler flags.
>
> It seems that VisualC++ has a different paradigma how to organize
> source files.

Exactly. A solution to your problem is to add the path manually to
each compiled file, or to add all of them to the whole project..

Note that I've been tempted to use

  #include <truetype/ttobjs.h>
instead of
  #include <ttobjs.h>

with this, you only need to add the path to "src" to your project,
and you can still provide an alternate set of files if you wish
so (with an additional indirection).

On the other hand, this forbids putting all source files in a single
directory (some projects might want this ??)..

Any comments ??

- David