Re: Sample code for caching glyphs

From: Alexander Weber
Subject: Re: Sample code for caching glyphs
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 23:01:49 +0200

Well,
I have the same problem, but at the moment, I don't have enough
time to continue on this project....
I thought many times of implementing a caching system, but this is
rather difficult if you want to regard the variable kerning between the
characters-- I mean, it theoritically it is not difficult, but I think it
would
be a problem to write _really fast_ code. There would be a lot of large
tables you had to handle...

I am interested in your concern and would be happy if we could discuss
the code publicly

Alex