XFree86 ver 4

From: Tony Gottfridsson
Subject: XFree86 ver 4
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 15:50:55 +0200

Im having some trouble understanding the true type support in xfree
version 4 which is based on freetype.

I've been using a true type server and that was a breeze. Now when
support is internal or rather 'LoadModule "freetype"' I tried mkfontdir
on a directory with *.ttf fonts in it to no avail. After lots of reading
I learn nothing but mkfontdir is the thing to use to make an "index"
of the fonts in a directory. Now since mkfontdir wont do it... am I
supposed to create it by hand?

/regards Tony