Server heart attacks :-)

From: David Turner
Subject: Server heart attacks :-)
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 19:28:34 +0200

Hello,

  I would like to apology for the fact that some of the FreeType services
  (web, mail, etc..) have been disrupted intermitently these last couple of
  days, as some of you may have noticed.

  After spending most of my day on the problem , I finally discovered that
  the server's APM Bios was randomly suspending the machine !! I have disabled
  this "feature" on the machine's BIOS but can't guarantee that this will get
  rid of all trouble. In any case, I'm now preparing a new motherboard for
  this machine.

  Please be warned that the server isn't guaranteed to work flawlessly until
  the boards are swapped, which will probably occur next week.

Best Regards,

- David Turner