Re: Uninitalized Face data

From: Stefan Seefeld
Subject: Re: Uninitalized Face data
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 10:09:53 -0500

As a matter of coherence and good style, if an object is
supposed to be opaque, the API has to provide the means
to test for validity. So may be it would indeed be a good
idea to provide such convenience functions, just in case
the complex structure of the calling program doesn't allow
to imperatively fix the validity.

In a C++ wrapper I would simply initialize the underlying
data in the constructor and throw an exception if something
goes wrong. This has the important advantage that I don't
need such a 'valid' flag. The code becomes *much* simpler.
If the object exists, it is valid.
Anyway, that may be a matter of style...

Regards,        Stefan

Stefan Seefeld
Departement de Physique
Universite de Montreal