Re: Progress update on adjustment database

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Progress update on adjustment database
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 16:17:27 +0000 (UTC)

> It is one of those things I never remember - winding rule of
> truetype and postscript are different, one is even-odd, the other is
> non-zero.  [...]

You are on the completely wrong track here.  What I'm talking about is
strictly local and not (directly) related to having two different
contours.  For example, to recognize stems and serifs, the contour
must be the same.  In case you are not aware of how the auto-hinter
collects 'segments' and 'edges', please read

  https://www.tug.org/TUGboat/tb24-3/lemberg.pdf

which still gives a good overview (inspite of its age and some changed
details here and there).

    Werner