Re: Progress update on adjustment database

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Progress update on adjustment database
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 22:23:33 +0000 (UTC)

> I have an algorithm I'm testing for the tilde unflattening.  I went
> with doing it before all steps, because it worked better with my
> idea, but the function af_glyph_hints_align_weak_points is undoing
> my changes.

Hmm.  Have you checked the OpenType specification how the IUP
instruction works?

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/typography/opentype/spec/tt_instructions#interpolate-untouched-points-through-the-outline

Have you 'touched' the points you move (i.e., setting
`AF_FLAG_TOUCH_Y`) so that `af_glyph_hints_align_weak_points` doesn't
move them again?

    Werner