Re: Strange hinting of precomposed character

From: Patrick Lam
Subject: Re: Strange hinting of precomposed character
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 19:45:04 +1200

There is also a couple of masters theses:

https://uwspace.uwaterloo.ca/bitstream/handle/10012/9116/Man_Wenzhu.pdf

https://uwspace.uwaterloo.ca/bitstream/handle/10012/14262/Liu_Zeming.pdf?sequence=3&isAllowed=y

Happy to answer questions!

pat

On Wed, Jul 19, 2023, 7:41 PM Brad Neimann <brad.neimann@hotmail.com> wrote:
A long time ago I had some grad students write a compiler
infrastructure for TrueType bytecode. Maybe it's mostly bit-rotted,
but if someone were interested in working on this, I could try to
help.

When I get some time, I’d be happy to look into this. I’ve been doing some compiler-adjacent stuff recently (mostly type inference), and this seems like a very interesting application of those ideas.

Regards,
Brad