Re: Reasonable parameters for reproducing character rendering issues?

From: Craig White
Subject: Re: Reasonable parameters for reproducing character rendering issues?
Date: Sat, 20 May 2023 22:14:41 -0400

Thanks for the tip about using ftgrid for testing.  The breaking point of i and j is similar in my case.  As for the settings, I just made sure to press f to force auto-hinting mode.

On Fri, May 19, 2023 at 9:50 AM Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> wrote:

> [...] it seems that characters ⟨ij⟩ in DejaVu Sans at 7.5 ppem are
> really bad: [...]

You are probably mixing up 'pt' (for a given DPI value; on Unix it's
usually 72, on Windows 96) with 'ppem': While the former can be a
non-integer value, the latter is always an integer.

    Werner