Re: Need help compiling freetype demos

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Need help compiling freetype demos
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 06:57:13 +0000 (UTC)

>> I use meson 0.59.4, you have version 0.61.2, maybe this makes a
>> difference?
>
> I vaguely remember there were some issues with newer versions of
> meson that broke the CI, so we decided to freeze the meson version
> there.
>
> I don't know if the errors are still present, will have to check.

Thanks.  However, after some thinking I believe that the meson version
shouldn't make a difference, given that the linker arguments are so
similar.

It may be an incompatibility between libraries.  Craig, please try to
either self-compile 'libcairo', to be installed into `/usr/local/`, or
remove 'libpng' from `/usr/local` so that the version in `/usr` gets
used.

    Werner