Re: [GSoC 2022] Idea on Project "Improve FreeType demo programs"

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [GSoC 2022] Idea on Project "Improve FreeType demo programs"
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 09:37:03 +0000 (UTC)

>> Good question, I don't know.  Revising FreeType's build system is
>> another GSoC project:-)
>
> I saw that project.  It will be optimal if he is willing to help us
> out.  Unfortunately both Visual Studio and CLion don't play very
> well with MesonBuild.  I'm used to use CMake to develop Qt projects
> in VS, but I'm fully open to other options or crafting some new
> solutions :).

Well, if you want to contribute a CMake file, please do so :-)

Seriously: Improving the demo programs should work in an environment
that is friendly to you.  You don't have to use the Meson port.

And thanks for the first two Merge Requests!

>> Ideally yes, allowing `ftinspect` being executed on the command
>> line as a batch program.  Alas, such an approach doesn't work on
>> Windows since on that platform you can't execute a GUI program on
>> the command line.
>
> Not quite, factually `ftinspect` is current executable on the
> command line on Windows (just like on Linux).  The commandline
> arguments are working as well, so it shouldn't be a problem here.

Oh.  I was mistaken, then.  Good to know, thanks.

> My consideration is the added complexity.

Well, put it at the end of your feature list, then :-)

    Werner