Re: Announcing FreeType 2.11.0

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Announcing FreeType 2.11.0
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 21:48:27 +0000 (UTC)

> It seems "ttdebug" seems to be missing from
> freetype2-demos/meson.build and won't get installed using meson
> build.

Indeed.  Thanks for the report, I will take care of this.

> And a 2nd issue.  The test suite fails for me due to a missing ttf
> font.  Shouldn't it be included in the source when it's needed to
> run a test?

As documented in `tests/README.md`, you have first to call
`test/scripts/download-fonts.py` before executing the regression
tests.  The whole procedure is still quite rough, and Meson support in
general is still experimental and not the main building tool for
FreeType.

    Werner