[Devel] charmap encodings

From: gjh
Subject: [Devel] charmap encodings
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 16:47:26 +0200

Hallo,

I'm confused about what charmap to select for fonts that doesn't contain an
ASCII, Latin-1, or Unicode charmap, for example 'wingdings'. My application
needs to produce glyph images of the font. Why is it that i get correct
images when i select FT_ENCODING_APPLE_ROMAN and incorrect images when
selecting FT_ENCODING_MS_SYMBOLS. Both these charmaps are present in the
font file.

Simply put; how do i determine which encoding to use from the platform_id
and encoding_id (given by face->charmaps[n]->platform_id and
face->charmaps[n]->encoding_id)

Can anybody shed some light on this issue?

Thanks,
gjh