freeipmi-devel

[Freeipmi-devel] sensors ok vs. alert

From: Albert Chu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] sensors ok vs. alert
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:07:53 -0700

Hey AB,

We've noticed on a thunder that as many as 50% of nodes are showings
alerts for voltage sensors.  I don't believe this is bad, b/c the
voltages are within the lower and upper critical range.  However, since
fish/sensors uses the normal min/max range, many sensors are showing
alerts (IMHO) more often than is appropriate.

I'm in discussion with the admins about their preference for output of
ranges and alerts, but I think something should be changed in
fish/sensors.  If I understand this correctly, we can use the readable
threshold mask (field 20 of the full sensor data record) to determine
which ranges are available.

I'm going to add a feature request on this to FreeIPMI so we don't forget.

Al

--
Albert Chu
address@hidden