freeipmi-devel

[Freeipmi-devel] race condition in sensors?

From: Albert Chu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] race condition in sensors?
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 17:48:03 -0800

For Alpha5-Qa0, when running "/usr/sbin/sensors -g Temperature" through
a remote shell utility (i.e. "rsh ethunder15 /usr/sbin/sensors -g
Temperature"), a "Cat at the Fish" error shows up around 80%-90% of the
time.  A small percentage of the time, the error does not show up.

This smells like a possible race condition.  I haven't looked through
the code in detail enough to see potential race possibilities, but I
thought I'd mention it.

Al

--
Albert Chu