freecats-dev

RE: [Freecats-Dev] Interface/vote (answer to Kirk)

From: Henri Chorand
Subject: RE: [Freecats-Dev] Interface/vote (answer to Kirk)
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:14:07 +0100

I sent this one only to Kirk, it should have been sent to the Dev list
instead.

Kirk wrote:

> (...)
>
> Don't forget us Mac users.  :-)

We don't, obviously, I only hope it does not cost us too much ;-)

> By stand-alone you mean like Deja Vu, which presents texts in a
> simple table form?
>
> I far prefer the Trados approach, where you can at least see the
> type of formatting in the text. It helps by giving some context as to
> what level of text you are translating, at least in docs with several
> levels of headings.

The "Breton" mafia^H^H^H^H^H group within the project team seems to believe
otherwise, but of course we need both.

I vote FIRST for the solution which will bring us results (a working client
with our future server) FASTER, then for the other one. Can we all agree on
this?

Henri