fluid-dev

Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth increase one semitone

From: Ceresa Jean-Jacques
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth increase one semitone
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 05:56:13 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

> Is there a midi (Control Change ?) message capable of doing this ?

> Not a Control Change but a "Syssex MIDI Tuning", but i don't remember details.

Please let me correct me. Of course MIDI Control Change exits to do pitch tuning.

The basic procedure for altering a parameter value is to first send the Registered or Non-Registered ParameterNumber corresponding to the parameter to be modified, followed by the Data Entry, Data Increment, or Data Decrement value to be applied to the parameter.

These are CC RPN 01 (LSB) (for fine tuning) and CC RPN 02 (LSB) (for coarse tuning). See MIDI spec.4.2 p 17 and Table 3-A.

You must use CC RPN 100(LSB) , 101(MSB) to select the parameter number then use CC Data Enty or Data Increment or Data Decrement to set the data of the parameter.

This should complete the useful informations given by Marcus about individual "key tunning".

jjc