fhsst-maths

[Fhsst-maths] Resource reminder

From: Mark Horner
Subject: [Fhsst-maths] Resource reminder
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 11:04:32 -0800

Hi Maths team

I just wanted to remind the old members and let the new members know that
there are resources you can use to bootstrap your contributions.

Any content that is released under the Gnu Free Documentation Licence you can use -
by use I mean cut and paste. That includes
the content on wikipedia and wikibooks (any non-GFDL content is labelled as such
but most of it can be used).

Recently the WikiVersity part of WikiBooks got going and there is high school maths
content worth checking if you are looking to get started or need some ideas:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/School_of_Mathematics:High_School_Mathematics

We've also been struggling with Geometry in the past (Nolene is tackling this right now) and there is a far amount of content in the WikiBooks Geometry book which could be used to help
get started:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Geometry

The full book listing is available on:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Main_Page

Any other GFDL or public domain content you find you can use - if you aren't sure about
something just ping the list and we'll look into it.

Cheers,

Mark