[O] Agenda todo states autocompletion: suggestion for improvement

From: Carlos Pita
Subject: [O] Agenda todo states autocompletion: suggestion for improvement
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 15:47:57 -0300

Hi all,

M-x org-agenda T prompts for a todo keyword. But it builds the
completion list while preparing the agenda buffers and this is done
*after* prompting. So the first time no completion is presented, the
second time completions from previous invocation of
org-agenda-prepare-buffers are presented, etc.

This has some drawbacks:

1. The first time one has to explicitly type the state.

2. I'm not sure about this but: aren't completions potentially
outdated, since the last time the list was built was for a previous
agenda?

To prepare the buffers before showing the prompt will fix both issues
but maybe at a high computational cost, I've not investigated the code
in any depth yet. Otherwise, at least the default list of state
keywords could be shown when org-todo-keywords-for-agenda is nil,
couldn't it?

Best regards
--
Carlos