Re: emacs-29 889a550ca08: ; Fix Texinfo warnings

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs-29 889a550ca08: ; Fix Texinfo warnings
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 14:03:29 +0300

> From: Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
> Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 12:30:43 +0200
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > branch: emacs-29
> > commit 889a550ca0847679bc96547c14622e239eb93f91
> > Author: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
> > Commit: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
> >
> >     ; Fix Texinfo warnings
> >
> >     * doc/misc/wisent.texi (Grammar format):
> >     * doc/misc/efaq.texi (Not writing files to the current directory):
> >     * doc/misc/ede.texi:
> >     * doc/lispref/errors.texi (Standard Errors): Fix warnings emitted
> >     by makeinfo 7.1.
>
> Thanks for fixing them.  I get other warnings as well (cc-mode.texi,
> octave-mode.texi, org.texi, tramp.texi which will be adressed by the
> package maintainers, I guess) but I think this one is in your hands:

I fixed octave-mode.texi as well, just didn't mention it in the log
message.  The rest are maintained outside Emacs, so the respective
maintainers will have to pick up the gauntlet (when they upgrade
Texinfo).

>   emacs-lisp-intro.texi:15802: warning: @noindent is useless inside of a
>   paragraph
>
> which is about this piece of input:
>
>   @c colon in printed section title causes problem in Info cross reference
>   This way, we avoid an error.
>   @iftex
>   @noindent
>   (For information about @code{and}, see
>   @ref{kill-new function, , The @code{kill-new} function}.)
>   @end iftex
>   @ifinfo
>   @noindent
>   (@xref{kill-new function, , The @code{kill-new} function}, for
>   information about @code{and}.)
>   @end ifinfo

Don't worry about this.  (I for now downgraded back to Texinfo 7.0.3
because 7.1 is abysmally slow on my system.)