Re: Lisp reader syntax and bootstrap

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Lisp reader syntax and bootstrap
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 22:19:13 -0400

  > Perhaps, but it still wouldn't make it any easier to write portable Lisp
  > code.  Lisp programmers should simply avoid using NaN and Inf, or at
  > least handle arithmetic errors around functions that may generate them.

If this problem is only on the VAX and the VAX is obsolete,
and the problem is now limited to replacing NaN and Inf
with specific numbers, it may not be worth any extra work.

If you want to do work for this goal, the way to do it would be
to figure out some constructs that are more portable, that we could
implement alongside what we have now.