Re: [nongnu] elpa/opam-switch-mode 8b8670ca8b 1/3: feat(opam-switch-mo

From: Erik Martin-Dorel
Subject: Re: [nongnu] elpa/opam-switch-mode 8b8670ca8b 1/3: feat(opam-switch-mode-lighter): Show the switch name in the mode-bar
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2023 14:13:13 +0200

Salut Stefan !

On Wednesday, July 12, 2023 00:09 CEST, Stefan Monnier
<monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> > While `force-mode-line-update` only deals with the current buffer,
> > and `(force-mode-line-update t)` just seems to deal with all buffers from
> > the current frame.
> > Do you confirm?
>
> No, `(force-mode-line-update t)` should apply to all frames.

OK!

> >  given no subexpression of the current (opam-switch-mode-lighter)
> > involves any external system call, I'd say it is not that
> > inefficient/costly…
>
> It's not too bad, admittedly.
>
> > https://github.com/ocaml/merlin/blob/4f6c7cfee2344dd75e9568f25c0c1576521ec049/emacs/merlin.el#L2046
> > Are you OK with that point?
>
> It's up to you.

OK ;) so, given your optimization works very well and stays simple,
I've applied it just now, and pushed a new release:
https://github.com/ProofGeneral/opam-switch-mode/compare/1.4...1.5

Thanks again,
Erik

--
Érik Martin-Dorel, PhD
Maître de Conférences, Lab. IRIT, Univ. Toulouse 3