[Dvdrtools-users] creating an iso from bz2 file 3.5 GB

From: Vijay Kumar
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] creating an iso from bz2 file 3.5 GB
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 17:21:59 +0530

Hi,

There is .bz2 file about 3.5 GB and I am trying to create and iso using the
same.
The basic objective is to write the .bz2 file on the dvd disc.

When I try with -J option , I get the following error :

# mkisofs -allow-multidot -v -allow-lowercase -J -o /root/bin/sh/backup.iso
/backup/backup-2005May23.tar.bz2

Warning: creating filesystem that does not conform to ISO-9660.
Warning: creating filesystem with (nonstandard) Joliet extensions
         but without (standard) Rock Ridge extensions.
         It is highly recommended to add Rock Ridge
mkisofs 2.0 (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
mkisofs: Value too large for defined data type. File
/backup/backup-2005May23.tar.bz2
is too large - ignoring
Writing:   Initial Padbock                         Start Block 0
Done with: Initial Padbock                         Block(s)    16

Now when I try with the -R option I get :

# mkisofs -allow-multidot -v -allow-lowercase -R -o root/bin/sh/backup.iso
/backup/backup-2005May23.tar.bz2

Warning: creating filesystem that does not conform to ISO-9660.
mkisofs 2.0 (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
mkisofs: Value too large for defined data type. File
/backup/backup-2005May23.tar.bz2 is too large - ignoring

Writing:   Initial Padbock                         Start Block 0
Done with: Initial Padbock                         Block(s)    16
Writing:   Primary Volume Descriptor               Start Block 16
Done with: Primary Volume Descriptor               Block(s)    1

1) Kindly let me know how can I create an iso file of that .bz2 file ?  or
     Alternatively how can I write a 3.5 GB on a dvd ?

Kindly help.

Regards,

Vijay Kumar