RE: [Dvdrtools-users] dvd+r/+rw video support ???

From: Scott Prive
Subject: RE: [Dvdrtools-users] dvd+r/+rw video support ???
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 12:23:20 -0500

Hi Sergio,

Send this information to the list. I am not a developer, and I could only
answer the question about DVD-Video support (which is "yes", if the files are
valid DVD-Video).

A lot of people mistake DVD-Video as being some special format... "I have some
MPEG video now how do I burn it as DVD Video". This is of course the wrong
question. Perhaps the dvd+rw-tools FAQ could be worded better (I've never read
it), but if dvd+rw-tools burns data like dvdrtools does, it will burn prepared
DVD-Video data.

To fully understand the DVD-Video file format, you would need to read up on the
.IFO file format. You should not need to do this *if* you are certain the
VIDEO_TS/AUDIO_TS dirs you have are correctly formatted.

This is important to know, because a badly formatted DVD will be rejected by
your player in EXACTLY the same manner as unreadable media. DVD Video players
have poor error reporting.

-Scott