[Dvdrtools-users] Hello + MATSHITA DVD-R SW-9501

From: Massimiliano Caovilla
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] Hello + MATSHITA DVD-R SW-9501
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 15:57:48 +0100

   Hi to all!
I'm trying to use dvdrecord on a matshita (panasonic?) DVD-R SW-9501. (SCSI, inside a Plasmon SCSI disk changer) Seems to be a very weird drive, with capabilities to read only DVD-ROM/R and write DVD-R, and it seems not to support reading ATIP. I could burn a DVD-R with this but it needed some work on cdrecord.c, I had to cut out some controls on the image size and a check against the capability to read CD-Rs, and I had to force
   -dao -ignsize -driver=mmc_mdvd
Before I try to add serious support to dvdrecord for this unit I'd like to know if someone else is using it and with what level of success.

   Thank you very much, bye
   Massimiliano

--
Massimiliano Caovilla