RE: [Dvdrtools-users] I finally "gave in" and bought a PanasonicLF-D311

From: Scott Prive
Subject: RE: [Dvdrtools-users] I finally "gave in" and bought a PanasonicLF-D311 ...
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 11:48:23 -0400

> Cool.  A vendor on PriceWatch has them on pre-order for $329.
>  Cuts the
> burning time from 60min (1x) to 30min (2x) to 15min (4x).
> I'll probably
> get one of those in 3-6 months.

FWIW, two weeks ago pricewatch.com had a headline for the Sony DRU500A, a 4X
DVD-R burner, for $253.
This is a new combo drive which also supports the
more-expensive-and-always-less-compatible DVD+R format ;-)

I figure the price will come up that low again. No idea if the drive is
supported by dvdrtools however.

-Scott