[Dvdrtools-users] RE: Mashita DVD-RAM LF-D310 -- Not "rewrite" DVD-RAM b

From: Bryan J. Smith
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] RE: Mashita DVD-RAM LF-D310 -- Not "rewrite" DVD-RAM but "record" DVD-R(G)
Date: 06 Aug 2002 09:01:29 -0400

On Tue, 2002-07-30 at 09:39, Lachlan Cranswick wrote:
> I don't know the correct "technical" answer to this.  I just assumed
> this was an "accidental" benefit of the way dd works.  I assume(?) "dd"
> would work this way with any device that the kernal knew
> was "writable" - or maybe read/writable?

Yes.  I have an older 2.6/5.2GB DVD-RAM drive that has worked in Linux
since 1998.  That's because it uses the same design as older Panasonic
PD drives that have been supported for years.

But that's for "Rewrite" aka "random access" mode to DVD-RAM disks.

Can you "Record" aka "write once" to a DVD-R(G) disk (on a 3rd Gen
DVD-RAM drive) doing the same?

-- Bryan

--
Bryan J. Smith, E.I.  address@hidden   http://www.TheBS.org