drm-elimination-crew

Re: [Drm-elimination-crew] Intl. day against DRM: Brussels, Belgium

From: Ruben De Smet
Subject: Re: [Drm-elimination-crew] Intl. day against DRM: Brussels, Belgium
Date: Tue, 3 May 2016 18:48:48 +0200

On 05/01/2016 12:10 AM, Zak Rogoff wrote:
> On 04/30/2016 09:02 AM, Ruben De Smet wrote:
>> On 04/27/2016 09:12 PM, Zak Rogoff wrote:
>>> Sounds good, Ruben. All you need to do is put it up on the events
>>> listing page as soon as you can.
>>>

>> It's there now:
>> https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Defective_by_Design/Day_Against_DRM_2016#Vrije_Universiteit_Brussel:_open_forum_about_DRM
>>
>> Sorry it took so long. The room has been reserved, I will spend most of
>> today and Monday to work on slides and making some noise.
>
> No worries! Do whatever works for you.
>
> I'll try to send one more email out about it before the Day but might
> not have time -- I'm juggling a lot of balls right now.

I put my slides on gitlab.com, if interested:
https://gitlab.com/rubdos/dayagainstdrm-slides (CC BY SA 4.0 Intl.)

I suggest to change them a bit before using them though, they contain a
"who am I" and things like that. The pdf is in attachment, slides are
LaTeX+beamer. It's quite large due to the FSF logo in full resolution,
but hey, it's the FSF logo.

Comments and critiques are welcome.

The presentation both failed and succeeded:

 - There were only two people, which I both knew before -> bit of a fail
 - I thought them new things -> success
 - InfoGroep wants to reorganise this next year, with a lot more
marketing and more time. -> success

By the way, I filed a bug request at gitlab to make them librejs
compatible (y)