dotgnu-see-devel

[Dotgnu-see-devel] box surf

From: Bart Manuel
Subject: [Dotgnu-see-devel] box surf
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 12:19:29 +0300

Chief Inspector OBrien came along a little ahead of me. Im in a great hurry and merely dropped by tokeep my promise. His eyes, hard and pale blue, were narrowed, and his squareprognathous jaw was rigidly set. Andhe carefully put the cigarette and the stub in an envelope, which hemarked and pocketed. Excellent, Markham commented; and then, with a nod, referred thematter to Heath. Ive assigned Sergeant Heath to the case, Mr. Ive known the majorfor twenty years and I couldnt very well refuse. But get the body tothe mortuary as soon as you can. It was here before twelve, and when Icome back at twelve thirty or thereabouts, it was still here. His right leg was crossed over his left in a positionof comfortable relaxation. The handbag was of fine gold mesh with a catch set with smallsapphires. The fact is, Alvin Benson has beenmurdered. Ave, Caesar, te salutamus, whispered Vance, grinning. In the rear of the room, near the dining room door, stood two othermen talking earnestly together. The only window that wasntbarred was the rear one in the living room; and that was shut andlocked. A highly colored oriental rugcovered nearly the entire floor. Markham nodded gloomily and looked past him into the living room. He rang for Currie and ordered his clothes brought to him. He saluted Heath, but onrecognizing the district attorney, made Markham the recipient of hisreport. Probably, he repeated to Markham with good-natured contempt. A couple of minutes wont make any difference. She had retired about half past ten and, because of the heat, hadleft the door ajar. Its pretty clear the gunman gotin the front door. We ascended the stairs and entered Bensons bedroom, which wasdirectly over the living room. Its rather mild, y know, but delicately blended. It looks as though weare in for a bit of trouble before its finished. And I most certainly wont wait over fiveminutes for you to get dressed. The handbag was of fine gold mesh with a catch set with smallsapphires. Platz told me she heard a report at that time, which I thoughtmight have been the shot. Hagedorn raised his head slowly and gave Heath a myopic frown. Then heglanced at the bullet hole in the forehead and at the ragged woundin the back of the head. Those cigarette stubs mayquite possibly be significant evidence. After a brief handshaking ceremony, he went out hurriedly. Thereare one or two things, he said soberly, that I think Id betterwarn you about. Well, well find allthat out later, I hope. Doremus, the chief medical examiner, accompanied by his assistant,bustled in.