dotgnu-see-devel

[Dotgnu-see-devel] stretch

From: Gwendoline Marsh
Subject: [Dotgnu-see-devel] stretch
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 12:40:59 -0500

I cannot say, but doubtless there is a road. When I discovered this I began to speak with him apart and learnedmany things. Therefore he too remained at peace in thecity. Yet it is so, for swift posts have brought the news. Yet all the while I knew that he was hiding his true reason. Now I was quite alone andsave my servants and sometimes the prophet, I saw no man. Yea, I thank God, for thereby I learn that you are safe and well. Moreover it is too late for himto change who is past his fiftieth year. Mayhap this evilhas protected us from greater that we do not see. Could not your spells have protected us for onehour, Belus? Then I heard something else, namely, the sound of a horse galloping. Presently I found myself by the side of a figureclad in white which jostled against me. Indeed I was as a little child and didwhat Belus bade me, asking no questions. When I die my household is dissolved, at leastafter a time, and I shall die soon. I have told our servants where they may find us. How long will the gods bearwith such a man? When I die my household is dissolved, at leastafter a time, and I shall die soon. The prophet knows all, for God tells him. Now I was quite alone andsave my servants and sometimes the prophet, I saw no man. Yet if we do not act upon it, which waycan we turn? If so, our case would be even worse than it was before. My horse was thrust back againstthe bars of the gate, plunging and kicking. I would have risen to bow to him, but he stayed mewith his hand. Why did you not go with him, seeing that it was Belus who hired youand not I? Is this all that your friends sister told you, Obil? What He reveals to me I know, toall else my ears are shut. Aye, he answered smiling, so long as it is not in another Babylonbeyond the Gates of Darkness. My horse was thrust back againstthe bars of the gate, plunging and kicking. But should Nabonidus die soon,Belshazzar is not in Babylon. That is sad for me and my wife, I said sighing. I have told our servants where they may find us. Then this he will surely do as soon as the king is dead, Belus. Then he set his hand upon his heart, fell down, groaned once, anddied. The tale is not yet finished, he answered quietly. We go to that house whence once you lookedupon a garden. I hear she swears it also, but in suchmatters none can believe what comes out of a womans mouth. The lightning showed them clearly, also many menin flight. He answered somewhat sternly,Did I not tell you, Ramose, that here and nowhere else you are safe. To-night our troubles may be over and our longseparation ended. Still we must be prepared to act at any moment.