Re: [Pnet-developers] Re: [DotGNU] Bug in Pnet

From: Russell Stuart
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] Re: [DotGNU] Bug in Pnet
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 09:39:24 +1000

On Tue, 2006-10-31 at 07:58 +1000, Russell Stuart wrote:
> Fixes committed to CVS.

After thinking about it, the fix I doesn't really
solve the problem.  It only goes 1/2 way.  The
demonstration code I posted now works, and I can
now continue development without ilrun getting
segmentation violations.

However, the stack record by the "throw" will be
wrong.  I presume whoever is looking at the stack
recorded by the exception will not be expecting
the jsr return address to be in there.  Currently
two fixes come to mind.  I don't know the code
well enough to say which is better.

1.  Create a local for the finally, and store the
    return address in there at the top of the finally
    block.

2.  Create a second version of the exceptHeight variable.
    One version is the stack height at entry to the
    function - just as was done before, the other is
    adjusted by jsr - as is done now.   The first is
    used when the stack is recorded.  The second is
    what throw truncates the stack to.

No.2 is probably easier for me to implement.  Any other
suggestions?